Friday, April 27, 2012

Camping!!

We're awesome and we know it. We have earned all the marbles in our sunshine cup by working as a class towards our daily goals. We voted on a class party and decided to celebrate by going CAMPING in our classroom! We even got to see Mr. Davis and meet baby Beckett : )


Some of my cute little campers!!

So excited to see Mr. Davis and meet Beckett :)


Welcome to CAMP! We read a few books about camping to get us in the mood. 

 checking out the tent 
 Telling "scary" stories ; )

 Each camper got a journal for the day. We wrote how to make a smore using transition words, worked on camping math word problems, wrote about what to pack when going to camp and drew pictures of our campsite.

Our "camp fire" 
Thank goodness for YouTube! We were able to listen to the sound of a crackling fire as we worked in our journals.

 The boys working by the campfire while the girls had their turn in the tent.


 We gathered data to see who has and has not had a smore before. So glad I was able to introduce those 8 friends to the yummy goodness! We got our ingredients to take home and enjoy (after warming in the microwave for 10 seconds) and wrote how to make a Smore in our camp journal.
 Math camping word problems
 We wrapped up our day of camp with writing an acrostic poem 

We had SO MUCH FUN!! As always, I wish I would have taken a few more pictures, but I'm glad we could share our day with you!

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

It looks like y'all had a blast!

I am happy to be your newest follower. I am a 1st grade teacher in Texas too! =)

I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Heather's Heart said...

Hi Mandy!

I wanted to let you know that I am having a HUGE Pete the Cat giveaway. I would love for you to come be part of it!

I hope you come back to your blog this summer. You have great ideas that I would love to borrow! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment