Friday, April 27, 2012

Inferencing with No David!

Inferencing is HARD for first graders, so I was very proud of them when they tackled the task with one of favorite characters, David. Inferencing is using your schema (what you already know) and clues that the author gives you to find out more about the text. David gets himself into some funny situations and they had a really fun time inferring what David was thinking and why he was making the choices that he did.

 After we read the book, we made inferences on our anchor chart
 Then we got busy!




The next day we used adjectives to describe the character David
and made our own Davids


1 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I love this David activity!

Come visit me when you get the chance. I'd love for you to follow me back. Leave me an email and I'll send you a *freebie* or 2 from my TpT store! =)

I also have *freebies* to help with the TPRI!

Blessings to you,

Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment